Ahmad Izani Md Ismail
|Ahmad Izani Md. Ismail
B.Sc. London, M.Sc. Reading, Ph.D. Bradford
Numerical Methods, Approximate Analytical Methods, Mathematical Modeling
Room no: 030, Ext: 3657/3284
Main research areas:
- Numerical and Approximate Analytical Methods for Differential Equations (including fractional).
- Mathematical Modelling (Heat Transfer, Spread of Infection).
Post-grad students graduated under main supervision:
- Ghoreishi (Iran) 6. Mutlag (Iraq) 11. Fauzi (Malaysia)
- Sadeghi (Iran) 7. Al-Shibani (Libya) 12. Almousa (Jordan)
- Jashim (Bangladesh) 8. Hafiz (Malaysia) 13. Nadiah (Malaysia)
- Agos Salim (Malaysia) 9. Jameel (Iraq)
- Goh (Malaysia) 10. Mabood (Pakistan)
Short Biodata (< 100 words)
Prof. Izani obtained his undergraduate and postgraduate degrees from the UK. He has been with Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) since 1984 and was conferred his Professorship in 2011. He has published widely in journals and proceedings and was the Dean of the School of Mathematical Sciences, USM from 2003 – 2015.
Professor Dr. Izani Ismail joined the School of Mathematical Sciences, USM, as a lecturer in 1984. Presently he is a Professor in the School. He was the Dean of the School from 2003-2015. He has been on the organizing committees of many national and international conferences. He has, to date, published more than 175 papers in national and international journals.
Numerical Methods, Approximate Analytical Methods, Mathematical Modeling.
1. A cubic trigonometric B-spline collocation approach for the fractional sub-diffusion equations. 2017 Applied Mathematics and Computation
2. Extended cubic B-spline method for solving a linear system of second-order boundary value problems. 2016 Springer Plus
3. An Accurate Numerical Algorithm for Solving Singular and Nonsingular System of Initial Value Problems on Large Interval. 2016 Mediterranean Journal of Mathematics
4. Development of Tide-Surge Interaction Model for the Coastal Region of Bangladesh. 2016 Estuaries and Coasts
5. Computational study of three-dimensional stagnation point nanofluid bioconvection flow on a moving surface with anisotropic slip and thermal jump effect. 2016 Journal of Heat Transfer
6. Three dimensional stagnation point flow on bionanofluid with variable transport properties. 2016 Alexandria Engineering Journal
7. Blasius and Sakiadis Slip Flows of Nanofluid with Radiation Effects. 2016 Journal of Aerospace Engineering
8. Solution of abel differential equation of fractional order by fractional differential transform method. 2016 Far East Journal of Mathemat ical Sciences
9. Two parameter scaling group for unsteady convective magnetohydrodynamic flow. 2016 Alexandria Engineering Journal
10. Numerical solution of thermo-solutal mixed convective slip flow from a radiative plate with convective boundary condition. 2016 Journal of Hydrodynamics
11. Finite element simulation of magnetohydrodynamic convective nanofluid slip flow in porous media with nonlinear radiation. 2016 Alexandria Engineering Journal 55(2),pp. 1305-1319
12. Effect of variable properties, Navier slip and convective heating on hydromagnetic transport phenomena. 2016 Indian Journal of Physics
13. The numerical solution of advection-diffusion problems using new cubic trigonometric B-splines approach. 2016 Applied Mathematical Modelling
All papers written with postgraduate students, national and international collaborators.
Computer Programming, Fluid Mechanics, Differential Equations and Numerical Methods.