Kong Voon Pang
|Kong Voon Pang
B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D. USM
Computer Aided Geometric Design.
Room no: 125, Ext: 3943
Main research areas
- Shape Preserving Curve and Surface Fitting
- Surface Reconstruction
- Dominant Point Detection
Post-grad students graduated under main supervision:
- Chua Hua Siong, MSc (2016). C1 Positivity Constrained Interpolation By Rational Cubic Triangles
- Si Ping, MSc (2015). G1 Range Restricted Data Interpolation Using Bezier Triangular Patch
- Lim Ai Hui, MSc (2011). Dominant Point Detection For Planar Data
Short Biodata (< 100 words)
Kong Voon Pang obtained his PhD from the Universiti Sains Malaysia, specializing in the field of Computer Aided Geometric Design. His work in data visualization and shape preservation. He is a lecturer at the Universiti Sains Malaysia. He has taught the courses on Introduction to Geometric Modelling and Mathematical Algorithms for Computer Graphics in many years.
Sample publications within the last 5 years:
1. Dominant Point Detection for Planar Data. AIP Conference Proceedings, 2016.
2. Constrained C1 Scattered Data Interpolation Using Rational Blend. AIP Conference Proceedings 1605, p280-285, 2014.
3. Shape Preserving Interpolation Using Rational Cubic Spline. Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology 8(2), p167-178, 2014.
Dr. Kong Voon Pang
B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D. (USM)
Current Professional Membership
Current Teaching and Administrative Responsibilities
- MSG284/4 Introduction to Geometric Modelling
- MSG388/4 Mathematical Algorithms for Computer Graphics
Conferences and Training
1. Simposium Kebangsaan Sains Matematik ke-17, Hotel Mahkota Melaka, Melaka, 15-17 Disemner 2009.
2. South China Sea Tsunami Workshop 3, Eureka Complex, USM, 3 - 5 November 2009.
3. Asian Mathematical Conference 2009, PWTC, Kuala Lumpur, 22 -26 Jun 2009.
Research and Publications
< 10 years experience in Computer Aided Geometric Design
1. Samsul Ariffin Abdul Karim & Kong Voon Pang (2010) B-spline Scale-Space in Computer Aided Geometric Design. Proceeding 2nd International Conference on Mathematical Sciences, PWTC, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
2. C. L. Cheng, V. P. Kong, B. H. Ong. Non-Negativity Preserving Interpolating using Quartic Bezier Triangles. Prosiding Simposium Kebangsaan Sains Matematik Ke-17, Melaka, 15-17 Disember 2009, 308-315.
3. V. P. Kong, B.H. Ong (2009) Shape Preserving Approximation by Spatial Cubic Splines. Computer Aided Geometric Design 26, 888-903.
4. Ng Seou Ling, V. P. Kong and B.H. Ong (2009) A Class of Bezier-Like Splines in Smooth Monotone Interpolation. Malaysian Journal of Mathematical Sciences. 3(2), 203-226.
Other Relevant Information