Kong Voon Pang
||Dr Kong Voon Pang
PhD Mathematics, Universiti Sains Malaysia.
MSc Mathematics, Universiti Sains Malaysia.
BSc Mathematics, Universiti Sains Malaysia.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Room No.: 125 | Phone: 04-6533943
Dr Kong Voon Pang received his PhD in Applied Mathematics at the Universiti Sains Malaysia, specializing in Computer Aided Geometric Design. He joined the university as a lecturer since November 2006. His research works are data visualization, shape preserving interpolation, constrained fitting and corner detection. He has taught the undergraduate courses related on geometric modelling for many years.
- V.P. Kong & B.H. Ong (2002). Shape Preserving F3 Curve Interpolation. Computer Aided Geometric Design 19, 239-256.
- V.P. Kong & B.H. Ong (2005). Constrained Space Curve Interpolation with Constraint Planes. Computer Aided Geometric Design 22, 531-550.
- H.S.Chua and V.P. Kong (2014). Constrained C1 Scattered Data Interpolation Using Rational Blend. Proceedings of the 21th National Symposium on Mathematical Sciences, AIP Conf. Proc. 1605, 280-285.
- Lim Ai Hui & Kong Voon Pang (2016). Dominant Point Detection by Variation of Best Fit Vectors, Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Mathematics, Engineering and Industrial Applications 2016, Songkhla, Thailand
- Curve and Surface Construction
- Dominant Point Detection
||Calculus for Sciences Students I
||Introduction to Geometric Modelling
||Mathematical Algorithms for Computer Graphics
||Data Structure for Computer Graphics
- Lim Ai Hui
- Samsul Ariffin Bin Abdul Karim
- Image Reconstruction by Dominant Point Detection and Least Squares Approximation
- Rational Cubic Spline for Shape Preserving Interpolation
- Yeong Yee Yon
- Chua Hua Siong
- Si Ping
- C1 Positivity Preserving Interpolation Using Clough-Tocher Triangulation
- C1 Positivity Constrained Interpolation by Weighted Rational Cubic Triangles
- G1 Range Restricted Data Interpolation using Bezier Triangular Patch
- Siti Rohaya Mohamed Noor & Farah Zahraa Salleh
- Subdivision in Computer Aided Geometric Design
- Shape Preserving Approximation and Interpolation by 3D Curves and Surfaces, Fundamental Research Grant Scheme
- Range Restricted Surface Interpolation of Spatial Data, Fundamental Research Grant Scheme
|Possible Research Title
- Positivity Preserving Surface Interpolation
- Shape Preserving Interpolation Using Rational Trigonometric Functions
List of publications:
- Samsul Ariffin Abdul Karim, Kong Voon Pang and Azizan Saaban (2015). Positivity Preserving Interpolation Using Rational Bicubic Spline. Journal of Applied Mathematics, Volume 2015, Article ID 572768, 1-15.
- Ng Seou Ling, V.P. Kong & B.H. Ong (2009). A Class of Bézier-Like Splines in Smooth Monotone Interpolation. Malaysian Journal of Mathematical Sciences 3(2), 203-226.
- Lim Ai Hui & Kong Voon Pang, 2016, Dominant Point Detection by Variation of Best Fit Vectors, Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Mathematics, Engineering and Industrial Applications 2016, Songkhla, Thailand
- Si Ping and Kong Voon Pang (2013). Local Normal Estimation for Scattered Data Interpolation. Proceedings of the 20th National Symposium on Mathematical Sciences, AIP Conf. Proc. 1522, 448-452.
- V.P. Kong, B.H. Ong & Saw K.H. (2004). Range Restricted Interpolation Using Cubic Bézier Triangles. Proceedings WSCG’2004, The 12-th International Conference in Central Europe on Computer Graphics, Visualization and Computer Vision 2004, Czech Republic (Roberto Scopigno, Vaclav skala, eds.), 125-132.