Norhashidah Awang is a senior lecturer at School of Mathematical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM). She obtained her B.Sc in Mathematics from USM and her M.Sc in Industrial and Systems Engineering from the National University of Singapore, where she majored in Operations Research. She received her Ph.D from Universiti Putra Malaysia in 2005. Her research interests revolve around statistical modelling with particular focus are on time series analysis, spatial analysis on regular grid data and spatio-temporal modeling of environmental data.
Markovian Transition Probabilities: Estimation and Test Procedures
Bayesian Hierarchical Spatio-temporal Modelling (Ongoing)
Generalised ARMA Model (Ongoing)
Bootstrap Methods to Evaluate the Efficiency of the Estimators of the Spatial Unilateral AR(1,1) Model
Time Series and Spatial Modelling for Air Temperature Data in Peninsular Malaysia
Statistical Modelling for Forecasting PM10 Concentrations in Peninsular Malaysia (Ongoing)
|Masters (Mixed Mode)||
Modelling Spatial Data on Regular Grid
Time Series and Spatial Modelling of Rainfall Data in Peninsular Malaysia
Spatial and Temporal Modelling of PM10 Concentrations in Peninsular Malaysia
Binary Logistic Regression Model to Compare Performance Between Islamic and Conventional Banks in Malaysia
Determinants of Hotel room Price in Penang, Malaysia: Evidence from Linear Regression and Quantile Regression
Comparison of Logistic Regression and Discriminant Analysis on the Case of Breast Cancer
List of publications:
- Norhashidah Awang and Mahendran Shitan (2006), Estimating the Parameters of the Second Order Spatial Unilateral Autoregressive Model, International Journal of Statistical Sciences, Vol. 5, pp 37-58.
- M. Z. Sirdari, M. A. Islam, N. Awang (2013), A stationarity test on Markov chain models based on marginal distribution, Statistical Methodology 11, 68-76.
- Mahboobeh Zangeneh Sirdari, M. Ataharul Islam and Norhashidah Awang (2014), Dependence in Binary Outcomes: A Quadratic Exponential Model Approach, Bull. Malays. Math. Sci. Soc. (2), 37(1), 129-137.
- Awang, N., Ng, K. Y. and Soo, Y. H. (2017), Forecasting Ozone Concentration Levels Using Box-Jenkins ARIMA and Artificial Neural Network: A Comparative Study. Matematika (Accepted).
- Ellapan, S., Awang, N. and Pilllai, T. R (2017), Autocovariance and Autocorrelation Structures of the Generalised Autoregressive Moving Average (GARMA(1,3;d,1)) Model. Mal. J. Fund. Appl. Sci., 13(2), 31-35.
- Ng, K. Y and Awang, N. (2017),Quantile Regression for Analysing PM10 Concentrations in Petaling Jaya. Mal. J. Fund. Appl. Sci., 13(2), 86-90.
- Ng, K. Y and Awang, N. (2017), Wavelet Transform to Improve Forecast Accuracy of PM10 Concentrations in Peninsular Malaysia. Sains Malaysiana (In Review).
- Norhashidah Awang and Mahendran Shitan (2003), Some Explicit Stationary Conditions for the Unilateral Second Order Spatial ARMA Model, Proceedings of the International Conference on Research and Education in Mathematics (ICREM), 2-4 April 2003, pp. 96-99.
- Norhashidah Awang, Mahendran Shitan, Isa Daud and Mohd. Rizam Abu Bakar (2003), The Explicit Correlation Structure for the Second Order Spatial Unilateral ARMA Model over the Fourth Quadrant, Proceedings of the Hawaii International Conference on Statistics and Related Fields 2003, 5-8 June 2003, ISSN#1539-7211.
- Norhashidah Awang and Mahendran Shitan (2005), Spatial Modelling of the Wheat Uniformity Trial Data, Proceedings of the International Conference on Research and Education in Mathematics 2005 (ICREM2), 25-27 May 2005, pp. 789-796.
- Norhashidah Awang and Mahendran Shitan (2006), The Spatial Unilateral Autoregressive Modelling of Barley Uniformity Trial Data, Proceedings of the Second IMT-GT 2006 Regional Conference on Mathematics, Statistics and Applications, Vol. 3, 13-15 June 2006, pp. 146-151.
- Norhashidah Awang and Mahendran Shitan (2008), Maximum Likelihood Estimation for the Non-Separable Spatial Unilateral Autoregressive Model, Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Mathematics and Statistics (ICoMS-3), 5-6 August 2008, Bogor, Indonesia.
- Nurul Nadia Johan and Norhashidah Awang (2009), Time Series Analysis of Rainfall Data of Peninsular Malaysia, Proceedings of the Simposium Kebangsaaan Sains Matematik ke-17 (SKSM17), 15-17 December 2009, Melaka, Jilid 2, 500-505.
- Norhashidah Awang and Latifah Rahayu (2009), Bootstrap Technique for Examining the Properties of the Maximum Likelihood Estimator of the Spatial Unilateral Autoregressive Model, Presented at the Tenth Islamic Countries Conference on Statistical Sciences (ICCS-X), 20-23 December 2009, Cairo, Egypt.
- Norhashidah Awang and Latifah Rahayu (2010), Examining the Properties of the Estimators of the Spatial Unilateral Autoregressive Model by Bootstrapping, Proceedings of the Regional Conference on Applied and Engineering Mathematics 2010, Vol. 1, No. 33, pp. 185-190.
- Ayu Kustiani and Norhashidah Awang (2010), Time Series Analysis of Air Temperature Data of Peninsular Malaysia, Proceedings of the International Conference on Mathematical Applications in Engineering 2010.
- Mahboobeh Zangeneh Sirdari, M. Ataharul Islam and Norhashidah Awang (2010), A Stationary Test on Markov Chain Models Based on Marginal Distribution, Proceedings of the 6th IMT-GT Conference on Mathematics, Statistics and Its Applications, Universiti Tuanku Abdul Rahman, Kuala Lumpur, pp. 646 – 658.
- Manga, E. and Awang, N. (2016), Bayesian Spatio-Temporal Modeling of Particulate Matter Concentrations in Peninsular Malaysia, AIP Conference Proceedings 1739, 020084 (2016). 2nd International Conference on Mathematical Sciences and Statistics, 26-28 January 2016, Kuala Lumpur.
- Sahu, S. K., Bakar, K. S. and Awang, N. (2015), Bayesian Forecasting Using Spatiotemporal Models with Applications to Ozone Concentration Levels in the Eastern United States. Geometry Driven Statistics, First Edition, Ed. Dryden, I. L. and Kent, J. T., John Wiley & Sons, UK.
Interest & Hobbies:
Conferences/ Seminar Attended:
- International Conference on Mathematics and Its Applications in the New Millennium, 18-20 July 2000, Renaissance Palm Garden Hotel, Putrajaya.
- Simposium Kebangsaan Sains Matematik ke 9, 18-20 July 2001, UKM, Bangi.
- Seminar Sehari Matematik Industri 1, 10 November 2001, Jabatan Matematik, UPM.
- Seminar Sehari Sejarah dan Falsafah Matematik 1, 26 January 2002, Jabatan Matematik, UPM.