Fam Pei Shan
Dr Fam Pei Shan
Dr Fam Pei Shan received her Ph. D. degree in statistics from University of Malaya in year 2011. She is currently a senior lecturer in school of Mathematical Sciences, Univerisiti Sains Malaysia. Her research interests include categorical data analysis, and logistics regression analysis. She is also active in landslide prediction study.
1. Categorical Data Analysis
2. Logistic Regression Analysis
3. Slope Failure Analysis
Landslide occurred along East-West Highway (Gerik-Jeli)
Source: http://www.nst.com.my/node/67569 (New Strait Times Online, 2014 Date Accessed: 23 September 2014)
|No.||Course Code||Course Name|
|1||MAA161||Statistics for Science students|
|Master||Chai Yoke Keng||Application of Vector Autoregressive Model for Rainfall and Groundwater Level Analysis.|
|Master||Lim Yi Zhou||A Comparative Study of Slope Failure Prediction Using Logistic Regression, Support Vector Machine and Least Square Support Vector Machine Models.|
|Master||Alfred Lim Sheng Tong||A Comparison of Several Methods for the Confidence Intervals of Negative Binomial Proportions.|
|Master||Lim Zhi Wei||A Comparison of Ordinary Kalman Filter and New Kalman Filter Based on Real-time Updating of Noise Matrix|
- Short-term Grant (304/PMATHS/6313057), A Comparison of Acceptance Probability in Testing the Two-Factor Interaction, 15 August 2014 –14 August 2016, Rm42,700.
- Short-term Grant (304/PMATHS/6313066), An Effective Algorithm for Computing Geodesic Distance, 15 August 2014 –31 December 2016, Rm40,244.
- Research Grant from The Institute of Statistical Mathematics: Risk Analysis Research Center, Tokyo, Japan, 1 June 2014–31 March 2015, 2,000,000 JPY Rm 64,000.
- Incentive Grant, Confidence Interval for the Maximum Absolute
Difference in Probability, 25 May 2012 – 24 May 2013, Rm5,000.
- Rewarded Special Grant for Research University 2010 (PS324/2010A), Categorical Data Analysis, 15 April 2010-14 April 2011, RM2000.
- YZ Lim, PS Fam, K Shimizu, T Imoto, H Lateh and SP Koay A Comparative Study of Slope Failure Prediction Using Logistics Regression, Support Vector Machine and Least Square Support Vector Machine Models. Proceeding of National Symposium Mathematical Sciences (SKSM), 27 – 29 September 2016, Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia. (ISI/SCOPUS Citation Index) (Accepted).
- YK Chai, PS Fam, K Shimizu, T Imoto H Lateh and SP Koay, Application of Vector Autoregressive Model for Rainfall and Groundwater Level Analysis. Proceeding of National Symposium Mathematical Sciences (SKSM), 27 – 29 September 2016, Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia. (ISI/SCOPUS Citation Index) (Accepted).
- BK Chin and PS Fam, Video Teaching on Probability. Proceeding of The International Conference in Applied Statistics (ICAS), 13 – 15 July 2016, Phuket, Thailand. (Zentralblatt fur Mathematik, Asian Citation index and Thailand Citation Index)
- ST Alfred Lim and PS Fam, A Comparison of Several Methods for the Confidence Intervals of Negative Binomial Proportions. Proceeding of 2nd Innovation and Analytic Conference & Exhibition, IACE 2015, 29 September – 1 October 2015, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. (ISI/SCOPUS Citation Index)
- PS Fam, YZ Lim, YK Chai, K Shimizu, T Imoto, SP Koay, H Lateh, and LT Tay, Landslide Prediction by Using Logistic Regression Models. Proceeding of 4th International Conference on Slope Malaysia, 14 – 16 September 2015, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. pp157-170.
- SP Koay, LT Tay, PS Fam, K Shimizu, T Imoto, S Jamaludin, T Koyama, S Murakami, H Fukuoka, N Sakai, and H Lateh, A Case Study of Rain Induced Landslides Prediction in Malaysia. Proceeding of 4th International Conference on Slope Malaysia, 14 – 16 September 2015, pp141-149.
- PS Fam and AH Pooi, Analysis of Two-way Contingency Tables. Applied Mathematical Sciences, 6(79), p.3917-3925 (2012). (SCOPUS Citation Index)
My research life at The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Tokyo.