Fam Pei Shan
|Fam Pei Shan
B.Sc. UM, M.Sc. UM, Ph.D. UM
Catogerical Data Analysis
Room no: L10-05, Ext: 5908
Main research areas
1. Categorical Data Analysis
2. Logistic Regression Analysis
3. Slope Failure Analysis
Post-grad students graduated under main supervision:
1. Chai Yoke Keng, MSc (2016). Application of vectorautoregression model for rainfall-groundwater level analysis.
2. Lim Yi Zhou, MSc (2016). A comparative study of slope failure prediction using logistics regression, support vector machine (SVM) and least square support vector machine (LSSVM) models.
3. Alfred Lim Sheng Thong, MSc (2015). A comparison of several methods for the confidence intervals of negative binomial proportions.
4. Lim Chee Wei, MSc (2014). A Comparison of Ordinary Kalman Filter and New Kalman Filter Based on Real-time Updating of Noise Matrix.
Short Biodata (< 100 words)
Dr Fam Pei Shan received her Ph. D. degree in statistics from University of Malaya in year 2011. She is currently a senior lecturer in school of Mathematical Sciences, Univerisiti Sains Malaysia. Her research interests include categorical data analysis, and logistics regression analysis. She is also active in landslide prediction study.
Sample publications within the last 5 years:
1. “A comparison of several methods for the confidence intervals of negative binomial proportions” (with ST Alfred Lim), proceeding of IACE 2015, (ISI).
2. “Landslide prediction by using logistics regression models” (with YZ Lim, YK Chai, K Shimizu, T Imoto, SP Koay, H Lateh, and LT Tay), proceeding of 4th International Conference on Slope Malaysia 2015.
3. “A case study of rain induced landslides prediction in Malaysia” (with SP Koay, LT Tay, K Shimizu, T Imoto, S Jamaludin, T Koyama, S Murakami, H Fukuoka, N Sakai, and H Lateh), proceeding of 4th International Conference on Slope Malaysia 2015.
4. “Analysis of two-way contingency table” (with AH Pooi). Applied Mathematical Sciences, 6(79), p.3917-3925 (2012), (SCOPUS).