B.Sc. USM, M.Sc., Ph.D. Liverpool
Analytical Number Theory, Cryptography.
Room no: 040, Ext: 3648
Professor Hailiza Kamarulhaili
- Ph.D 1996-2000 The University of Liverpool, England
- M.Sc 1994-1995 The University of Liverpool, England
- B.Sc 1990-1993 Universiti Sains Malaysia, Penang, Malaysia
Current Professional Membership
- Member of PERSAMA (Persatuan Matematik Malaysia)
- Reciprocity Member of London Mathematical Society
- President of MSCR (Malaysian Society for Cryptology Research)
Current Teaching and Administrative Responsibilities
Quality Engineer at Thompson Electronic Parts, Penang
Conferences and Training
- Elliptic Curve Cryptosystems workshop, 22-24 August 2009, Calgary, Canada.
- Learning Outcomes workshop, 9-10June, 2010, Kuching, Sarawak.
Research and Publications
- Number Theory, Cryptography, Analysis
- Uniform Distribution of Sequences,
- Diophantine Approximation, Continued Fraction,
- Integrating Technology into teaching & learning Mathematics,
- Residual storage based for video on demand, Wavelet Analysis.
1) Hierarchical Multimedia Storage Server (RM 116,000)
IRPA kategori EA (Nov 2004 – Mac 2006)
2) Isomorphic Elliptic curves for Cryptographic use (RM 10,000).
Universiti Sains Malaysia Short term grant (April 2004 – Mac 2006 )
3) Diophantine Approximation and Continued Fraction Expansion (RM 72, 500).
Universiti Sains Malaysia Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (FRGS)(Oct. 2003 – Nov 2005)
4) Residual Based Storage Scheme for Video Servers (RM 13,368).
Universiti Sains Malaysia Short Term grant (Nov 2001 – Oct2003)
5) Content-Based Retrieval of Wavelet-Based Compressed Image (RM 37,300)
Universiti Sains Malaysia Fundamental Reasearch Grant Scheme (FRGS)
(Nov 2002 – Nov 2004).
6) Isomorphic Elliptic Curve based Cryptosystem and Watermarking for
Multimedia Distributed System ( RM 180, 500.00). RU Grant
(Mei 2008 – April 2011)
7) Hyperelliptic Curves and its Cryptographic Aspects ( RM 38,000).
USM Short Term Grant ( Nov. 2010 – Nov.2012)
- M.H.Hooshmand & H. Kamarulhaili, “Decomposer and associative functional equations”, in Indagationes Mathematicae, Vol. 18, issue 4, pp 539-554, Dec. 2007.
- Mohamad Hadi Hooshmand & Hailiza Kamarul Haili. 2008. Some Algebraic Properties of Parts of Real Numbers. Siauliai Math. Semin., 3 (11), 2008, 115-121.
- Hadi Hooshmand & H.Kamarulhaili, “ Generalization of certain properties ofUniform Distribution of real sequences” in the 2nd international Conference on Mathematics and Natural Sciences Oct. 2008, Bandung Indonesia.
- Lee See Keong, Hailiza Kamarul Haili. Pure Math. Editor Publication, ISBN: 978-967-5417-53-5. Proceedings of the 5th Asian Mathematical Conference, I.
- Hailiza Kamarulhaili. Elliptic Curves and its Application in Cryptopgraphy. Simposium Kebangsaan Sains Matematik Ke-17, Melaka, 15-17 Disember 2009.
- Hailiza Kamarulhaili & Ega Gradini. Comparison Study for Primality Testing using Mathematica. Proceedings of the 14th Asian Technology Conference in Mathematics, ATCM 2009, Beijing Normal University, China.
- Hailiza Kamarul Haili & Norfadhilah Basir. RSA decryption techniques and the underlying mathematical concepts. International Journal of Cryptopology Research, 1 (2), July(2009), pp.165 – 177.
- Mohamad Hadi Hooshmand & Hailiza Kamarul Haili. Description of uniform distribution of real sequences modulo b by using b-decimal part functions. Journal of Mathematical Sciences : Advances & Applications. 4 (2), 2010, pp. 279 – 285.
- Hailiza Kamarulhaili, Generating Elliptic Curves modulo p for Cryptography using Mathematica software, IEEE Proceeding of International Conference on Computer Graphics, Imaging and Visualization 2010, Sydney, Australia, pp. 92-96.
Panel of Expert for National Cryptography Policy, appointed by The CyberSecurity Malaysia.
1) Award for Best Article from PERSAMA-TELEKOM
2002-2003: “ Learning and Teaching Mathematics with Graphics Calculator”,
Bul. Mal. Math. Sci. Soc. (2nd series), 2002 (25): 53-82.
2) Best Paper Presentation from The 6th World Multi-Conference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics (SCI 2002) and The 8th International Conference on Information systems, Analysis and Synthesis, Florida, USA “ OTIS-D2 de Bruijn: Self-Routed Permutation Optoelectronic Switching Network”.
3) Outstanding Teaching Award for MGM502 (Number Theory), Semester 1 2008/2009. ( Award given by the School of Mathematical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia)
4) Outstanding Teaching Award for MAT202( Introductory Real Analysis), Semester 2, 2008/2009( Award given by the School of Mathematical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia)
5) Outstanding Service Award 2009. Award given by the Universiti Sains Malaysia.
6) Outstanding Teaching Award for MGM581( Mathematics & Technology), Semester 1, 2009/2010( Award given by the School of Mathematical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia).
7) The 2008 Outstanding Publication Award, USM ( Article publication Category): “Decomposer and Associative functional equations”.