|DR, Azhana Ahmad
PhD Mathematics, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
MSc Mathematics, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
BSc Mathematics, Universiti Sains Malaysia
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Room No.: 035 | Phone: 04-6534771
Overview: Dr Azhana Ahmad is a senior lecturer in pure mathematics. She joined School of Mathematical Sciences, USM in 2008. Her main interest is in p-groups particularly on computing the conjugacy classes and order classes for some of the groups. She uses Groups, Algorithms, and Programming (GAP) software in her research.
Giant’s causeway, Northern Ireland
|No.||Course Code||Course Name|
|MAA111||Algebra for science students|
|MSS212||Further Linear Algebra|
|MAA101||Calculus for science students|
Bilal Naseer Al-Hasanat
|Some results on conjugacy classes and order classes of some groups|
Nurul Emyza Ahmad Zahidi
|Some minimum counterexamples in group theory|
|Possible Research Title||
List of publications:
- A.Sadeghi, A. Izani Md. Ismail, A. Ahmad, A Special Newton Iteration for Computing Inverse Matrix Roots, Journal of Applied and Computational Mathematics, 2011, 10, 3, 472-483.
- A. Sadeghi, A. Izani Md. Ismail, A. Ahmad, Computing the pth roots of a matrix with repeated eigenvalues, Applied Mathematical Sciences, 2011, 5, 53-56.
- Azhana Ahmad, Arturo Magidin and Robert Fitzgerald Morse, Two generator p-groups of nilpotency class 2 and their conjugacy classes, Publicationes Mathematicae Debrecen, 2012, 81, 1-2, 145-166
- A. Sadeghi, Ahmad I.M. Ismail, A. Ahmad, M.E. Abbasnejad, A Note on Solving the Fuzzy Sylvester Matrix Equation, Journal of Computational Analysis and Applications, 2013, 15, 1, 10-22.
- Al-Hasanat, B. N., Ahmad, A., Sulaiman, H., Ababneh, F., Order classes of symmetric groups, Int. J. Appl. Math. 2013, 4, 501-510.
- Roslan Hasni, Azhana Ahmad and Fetryah Mustapha, Chromatic equivalence of K_4 - homeomorphs with girth 9, International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, 2012, 81, 1, 347-357.
- A. Ahmad, R.F. Morse and N.H. Sarmin, The number of conjugacy classes for groups of type 2 of 2-generator p-groups of nilpotency class 2, Proceedings of the 3rd IMT-GT Regional Conference on Mathematics, Statistics and Applications (IMT-GT 2007), The Gurney Hotel, Penang, Malaysia, 5-6 December 2007, pp 8-11.
- A. Ahmad and N.H. Sarmin, Irreducible representations of 2-generator p-groups of nilpotency class 2, Proceedings of 13th Mathematicals Sciences National Conference (SKSM13), Hotel Holiday Villa, Alor Star, Kedah, Malaysia, 31 May-2 June 2005, pp 646-650.
- Bilal Al-Hasanat, Azhana Ahmad, and Hajar Sulaiman, Order classes of dihedral groups, AIP Conference Proceedings, 2014, 1605, 551 (doi: 10.1063/1.4887648)
Interest & Hobbies – I love oil painting and enjoy baking.
- A. Ahmad and N.H. Sarmin, Irreducible representations of 2-generator 2-groups of nilpotency class 2, Simposium Kebangsaan Sains Matematik ke 12 (SKSM12), Universiti Islam Antarabangsa, Gombak, Selangor, Malaysia, 23-24 December 2004.
- N.H. Sarmin and A. Ahmad, Irreducible representations of some two-groups, Asian Mathematical Conference 2005 (AMC 2005), National University of Singapore, 20-23 July 2005.
- A. Ahmad and N.H. Sarmin, Order classes of some two-generator p-groups of nilpotency class 2, The 2nd IMT-GT Regional Conference on Mathematics, Statistics and Applications (IMT-GT 2006), The Gurney Hotel, Penang, Malaysia, 13-15 June 2006.
- A. Ahmad, R.F. Morse and N.H. Sarmin, On the conjugacy classes of 2-generator p-groups of class 2, Zassenhaus 2007 Group Theory Conference, Saint Louis University, Missouri, USA, 16-18 March 2007.
- A. Ahmad, R.F. Morse, N.H. Sarmin and S. Ahmad, On counting the number of conjugacy classes of 2-generator p-groups of nilpotency class 2, 2nd International Conference on Mathematical Sciences (ICOMS 2007), Ibnu Sina Institute, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, 28-29 May 2007.
- A. Ahmad, R.F. Morse, A. Magidin and N.H. Sarmin, Counting the number of conjugacy classes for 2-generator p-groups of nilpotency class 2, Conference on Computational Group Theory and Cohomology, Harlaxton College, Grantham, UK, 4-8 August 2008.
- A. Magidin, R.F. Morse and A. Ahmad, A new classification of the 2-generated p-groups of class 2, Special Session on Computational Group Theory, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Michigan, 17-19 October 2008.
- A. Ahmad and R.F. Morse, The order classes for 2-generator p-groups of class 2, The 30th Ohio State - Denison Mathematics Conference, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, May 21-23, 2010.
- A. Ahmad and R.F. Morse, Order classes for some 2-generator p-groups of class 2, Simposium Kebangsaan Sains Matematik ke 21 (SKSM19), Universiti Teknologi MARA Permatang Pauh, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia, 9-11 November 2011.
- Bilal Al-Hasanat, Azhana Ahmad, and Hajar Sulaiman, Simposium Kebangsaan Sains Matematik ke 21 (SKSM21), Pulau Pinang, Malaysia, 6-8 November 2013.
Bodies & Professional – Whole life membership of Persatuan Sains Matematik Malaysia (PERSAMA)